Search This Blog

Monday, December 25, 2017

Chookyblue's Secret Santa Swap 2017

I've previously written about the lovely decorations that Denice sent me in this Swap, and yesterday I could open the larger gift.
Denice made me a beautiful wallhanging and also a lovely big bag which had a tag attached suggesting that I could perhaps find some yarn to fill the bag...oh yes!!! Lol

And here is the bag made from some very pretty fabric...love those daisies!

And the wall hanging is just stunning! I put it on a hanger for the photo but I need to get a slightly larger hanger out I think. The birds are so beautiful and the stitching is exquisite. All my favourite colours are in this...and I love it so much.

Now the background fabric is pretty special too...here is a close up.

How perfect is that 'music fabric'!
Thank you so much Denice; your gifts have given me so much joy! And now I must sample that maple sugar you popped in the ornament parcel. I put it away until Christmas so it's more than time to open it up! 😉
And thank you to Chooky for once again organising this Swap and also an extra thank you to Denice for giving Chooky a hand this time when it was needed.
PS Earlier this year I was complaining about the fact that the (free) Blogger App I'd been using for years ever since I got an iPad, was crashing every time I typed a few words. And I discovered that Google was no longer providing updates and things looked a bit grim. Well I 'bit the bullet' ( slang for after a lot of procrastination I did something) and purchased a blogging app that would allow me to transfer my blog seamlessly to it. And it worked...until a fortnight ago when it wouldn't even open. I paid just under $3 for it but it only worked for half a year 😕. So I've bought another one and paid $4.49 for it. Fingers crossed it works for a reasonable amount of time. 🤞🤞🤞

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful gifts, I loved the music fabric a real delight.

Sharm said...

I've had the same problem trying to blog on my iPad - it just doesn't seem to work well at all for some reason. I keep ending up having to pull the lap top out to do my posts which is rather time consuming

Maria said...

Beautiful gifts you received fro Denice.. I love this swap..

I just don't post on my iPad, only on the hard drive...

Jindi's Cottage said...

Perfect bag for toting your yarn...love the wallhanging, gorgeous colours and so cute the birdies bringing their sheet music along!...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful gifts from Denice.....daisies are so cheerful and happy. Love your beautiful birdie wall hanging too! Good luck with the new app xx

Lin said...

Those birds are beautiful! xx

Bizzy Martine said...

Beautiful presents!!!

Susan said...

Love your wall hanger - how pretty!