Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

July...

Today is August 4, so July is well and truly over for another year! The way things worked out, this last July was a busy one for us in terms of celebrations! 
First up was the weekend of my annual high school reunion...our numbers were small this year but what we lacked in numbers, we more than made up for in enthusiasm.  ðŸ˜‰

Then 6 of us met on the Sunday for lunch...




The next weekend was the annual Art and Craft Show in our parish...
We didn't buy a painting this year as none took our fancy...so I gave a donation instead to help with the fundraising.
On Bastile Day, I put on my 'Paris' scarf and DH and I lunched at a local cafe called French an Mor...
Next up was my brother's 60th...we had a lovely family gathering at his place...with pizzas from Tomato Brothers. 😉

Later in the month my brother's youngest had his 18th...the family celebration was held at an Italian restaurant...I just had to put a couple of photos of Rowan as a little boy in the collage! 😉
Also in July we welcomed DsD3 home from Canada with some family dinners...one at DsD2's place
And one at our place!
I think that August will be a little less hectic...although DH reminded me just before that we have a '60s night' in a few weeks. What on earth are we going to wear I wonder??? Lol

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Phew .. what a busy month! How about a rope petticoat and moccasins for the 60s night? LOL xox

Maria said...

You sure did have a busy fun filled July... Little Anthea is growing sew quickly...

Anonymous said...

What a busy month you have had Maria. Good to catch up with all your goings-on and I'm impressed with the way you have displayed your photographs. Managed to get so many in. Best wishes from Jean

Susan said...

Many happy times.

angela said...

I got tired just reading that.
Rest until your next party and hit the op shops for an outfit

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, you sure have a lot of things to do!! I think that is wonderful. A 60s night. Well that's tough. In between the distinctive 50s and Bohemian 70s. All I can think of is the Beatles and mostly the Rolling Stones and the fight for Civil Rights here in the USA. Hope you will post about it when it happens.
xx, Carol

Cynthia said...

What a lot of celebrations in July! Life is good when you have so much to celebrate. I hope August is just as much fun, or maybe you need a bit of rest. :-)

doodles n daydreams said...

Wow what a busy month. Looking forward to seeing pics of your 60's night :)

Diana