Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2016

Wool on Sundays...

Joining in once more with Rainbow Hare blog's Wool on Sunday. Janine's post features a gorgeous lacy granny square; well worth a look!
Today's post is about some fun purchases that I made when we visited the Crestwick Woollen Mill during our recent visit to Victoria. 

Alpaca yarns feature a fair bit at this mill...
Two alpaca statues greet visitors at the door...

This Woollen mill mainly produces beautiful clothing but that's not what caught my eye. 
I have a friend and former workmate who loves Spider-Man...he has a small room in his house where he stores his collection of comics and other 'Spidey' memorabilia...he has quite a tee shirt collection too...

So when I saw this next item at the mill shop, I just had to buy it 😉
It's a knitted finger puppet!! 
And I bought a few more too as there are a few 'little people' in our family these days. Lots of fun! 
I was quite happy to pay $3 each for these cuties because I avoid 'fiddly' knitting projects whenever possible, especially that 'sewing up bit'! 
( The clothing was gorgeous at Crestwick but way too heavy to wear in Brisbane's winters. I toyed with buying a ball or two of yarn as a 'souvenir' but they were $25 for a 50gram ball as they were alpaca...but not in colours that grabbed me. So no sale as yarn at that price has to be irresistible! lol) 

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

The finger puppets are adorable, especially Spider Man! I've tried and I'm no good at such tiny things but my grandsons sure would love them!

Susan said...

How cute are they?? and $3 is not a bad price considering the fiddliness.

Kim said...

Those finger puppets are adorable and so teeny tiny! I can't imagine knitting anything so small. The finger puppets you bought are cute. Your friend is going to love his Spiderman puppet. He has a serious T-shirt collection, doesn't he.

angela said...

Just adorable. Wow alpaca is really expensive. Now I really am motivated to learn how to spin. Since I have an alpaca now lol

Nanna Chel said...

The little children in your family are going to be so pleased with those finger puppets and yes, they do look fiddly.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Those finger puppets are fun :)
Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays.