Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2016

Wool on Sundays...

Once again I'm linking up with the Rainbow Hare's, Wool on Sunday. And I'm going to share photos of some items made for K4BN by some lovely people whom I affectionately refer to, as my 'outworkers'. These generous people usually ring/email me on a regular basis asking me to collect items they have made for the group.
I've collected these over the past fortnight...
From Rob; crocheted knee rugs, beanies, booties and a sweater...

A closer look at the adult sized sweater that Rob knitted...
Knitted beanies made by by schoolmate, Irene...

And some calming mitts (aka twiddle muffs), toiletries, toys, knitted squares from Cheryl...
I've written about the Twiddle Muffs before...they are used in nursing homes for calming dementia patients. The interesting textures, buttons, beads, ribbons of the muffs get the attention of the patients when a hand is placed in the muff, and it calms them as they begin to 'fiddle'. And now Education Units with students who have Autism are requesting the muffs for their students, as the muffs have been found to calm the students too. 
And now an update on my current main project...


It has grown a bit since last week and with this sudden cold snap here in SE Queensland, the rug is keeping me warm as I knit. 😊

10 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love this...especially those knitted beanies :)

Lin said...

You have a very generous band of friends Maria. Your new throw is looking very splendid and keeping you warm too! xx

Jackie said...

Your friend did excellent work on that sweater. Just beautiful.

The throw is coming along very nicely.

God bless.

Nanna Chel said...

Maria, I have never heard of Twiddle Muffs before. What a great idea!

Susan said...

Love the striped beanies...can you bring along one muff sometime...might be more interesting than knitting squares and use up some "decorative wools".

Maria said...

Sew many lovely folk knitting/crocheting to help others....
What a fabulous ides the Twiddle Muffs are. sew simple and work a treat.
that blanket sure is growing...

margaret said...

good to see the twiddle muffs I have been trying to picture them as a friend is making some in her knit and natter group they are world wide now.

doodles n daydreams said...

Wow, there's been some serious knitting going on there.

Diana

angela said...

Some very talented people out there. Your stash is quite impressive. Well done to your out workers

Cynthia said...

Such busy knitters and such pretty things! I had a few students who could have used those twiddle muffs. Too bad I didn't know about them a couple years ago. Your throw looks so warm and cuddly.