Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2016

I feel very humbled...

Every now again something happens and you go, 'Wow! You would do that for me?'. Well that happened to me yesterday, while I was enjoying the Newmarket Mums Christmas 2015 lunch. Yes I realise that Christmas was well and truly over, but this group of ladies celebrate in January because that's when everyone seems the least busy. 
So yesterday I set off from home with a plate of fruit and a Secret Santa gift.

Now this group of ladies 'go back a long way' to when our children were all at the same primary school in the 1980-1990s, and we all became friends as we worked on tuck shop, or manned fete stalls together, sewing bee groups or met up at P&C meetings etc. 

Chatting, sipping champers or fruit punch and sampling the nibblies....

Oops this bottle overflowed when the corked was eased out...

Later, the lunch buffet...photo taken when most of us had filled a plate...

After the food came the time for the Secret Santa gift time. I drew #1, which means I got to choose first from the pile of gifts...oooh it was a case of 'Which one shall I choose?' I chose one which looked interesting...largish and the parcel looked 'squishy' which meant it probably wasn't chocolates which I try to avoid! Lol.
Turns out, I made a great choice!! I was thrilled. It was a beautiful ombré colour large towel...all those colours that I love and there was also a cake of soap...
I love 'fancy soaps'! 

Now back to what I mentioned at the beginning of the post...
Yesterday the group started to discuss possible venues for our monthly coffee mornings on the last Sunday of the month. Then one of my friends said that she would like to suggest/propose that we change that Sunday to another one in the month so that I didn't miss out. You see, my belovedSunday  Stitchers group meetup dates have been clashing with the Newmarket Mums' days. Consequently I had been to only 2 NM coffee mornings in 2015. It's something that I've agonised over for the last 2 years. 
Well everyone agreed with Margo's suggestion so now the group will meet the first Sunday of the month! As I said, I feel very humble that the majority would change the date for just one person's convenience. Great friends indeed!!! 

8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

it's great you will be able to make both groups...........

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

How kind of your friends to swap days, enjoy them. Love that towel you received, so pretty.

Happy days.
Bev.

margaret said...

what a good time you all had and yes how wonderful to be able to go to all the gatherings this year. I think it is so good you are all still in touch, having moved so much I have lost contact with everyone but one girl I was at school with and only hear at Christmas from her. If I could come back again I would be sure to try and have friends next time round!!

angela said...

How wonderful now Yu can keep going. The towel and soap look very nice indeed xx

Nanette said...

Really nice towel, really great friends :)

Susan said...

Gorgeous towel - possibly nice to have non sewing presents?? and great that you are all still in contact...
Happy that someone suggested this for you...and the first is unlikely to be a clash with SS.

kiwikid said...

What wonderful friends you have Maria! Great present you got too.

diane b said...

That is so much fun catching up with old friends regularly. How nice of them to change the day.