Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

An itch to knit? Visit Knitch!

I've written before about the lovely yarn shop in the Brisbane suburb of Paddington. Knitting for Brisbane's Needy has a monthly Knit and Natter there and Anissa, the owner of the store is so supportive of the group...a really lovely lady!!!
The shop is on Latrobe Terrace and apparently was originally a Drapery store. 
Come through the door and have a look...
Christmas has come to Knitch! So of course there is a tree...

And what a surprise! The tree decorations are knitted and crocheted! Lol



No paper chains here...they are knitted of course...

Some decorations were sewn...
All absolutely beautiful! 
And I'll just finish with some photos of the hand dyed yarns on sale in the shop...dyed by Anissa herself.
Last month I bought a skein of this yarn for a Secret Santa gift...
And also for a SS gift, I bought a skein of this sock yarn...

And as I go to this lovely shop each month, throughout the year I have bought skeins of yarn for me too! :-)
( the shop stocks a large range of knitting yarn brands, not just the hand dyed ranges) 

5 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ohh lovely store...love their special Christmas decorations. The yarn looks good enough to eat in all those gorgeous colours x

Dorothy said...

What a great shop and its lovely to see where one of our K4C mates have their meetings. The Christmas tree is amazing and I'd kill for some of that beautiful wool. Its beginning to feel like Christmas time eh? xox

Anonymous said...

I just love that Christmas tree Maria.

Lin said...

Those hand dyed yarns look gorgeous - I love the tree too. xx

Cynthia said...

What a fun tree for knitters! And I'm very envious as I haven't been in a yarn shop for seven months. There aren't any where I am living now. I guess people in the South don't knit. Maybe it's only a cold weather hobby.