Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Christmas Craft Markets

Today was the annual Christmas Craft Markets in our parish. As well as various stall holders who pay a small fee for a place at the markets, we also have a few parish stalls where items are sold to raise money (much needed funds) for our church. 
Because I'm still recuperating I was excused from actively helping this year, so was able to 'swan around' as a guest! 
I saw this on one of the parish stalls...
I was immediately entranced! The price tag was $18 with funds going to the Parish...so it was a done deal as far as I was concerned...and the money was handed over and it was mine. 
A few more purchases...
A wreath made with 'scarf yarn'. I've bought one of these from this stall holder before...
A 'burp' towel bought from another stall holder. Nearly every baby in 'my circle' has 'spat up' on one of these lovely towels draped over a mum or dad's shoulder. This one is for DH's grandchild arriving in early February. 
A bag?
Open it up and there are little dolls inside.
The idea is for the children to use the dolls to tell a story...
Good for travelling. Over the years I bought a few items from this stall holder and all items were loved by parents and children alike. 
So that was my Saturday morning.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a good day and nice to have an excuse to "swan around".

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,you sure had a lovely day and love your purchases especially the rocking horse,I hope you have a lovely weekend my friend xx

Maria said...

Leased you could enjoy wandering around the market... Nice buys....

Sue said...

I love that little rocking horse....think you got a bargain there. Also love all the other things you bought. You did very well, didn't you? :-)

angela said...

They are all wonderful. There are so many clever people in the world. Hope your feeling better xx

Vireya said...

Some great finds, but I think that rocking horse is a fantastic bargain!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds like a lovely time....great shopping too x

margaret said...

some wonderful buys you have here, what really caught my eye was the rocking horse and the lovely bag with the dolls in lovely for children. trust yo are feeling much better now and hopefully able to indulge yourself with the Christmas foods etc.

twinpeakprimitives said...

A happy and merry 1st Advent Maria ♥

I wish you a prosperous season ♥♥♥

Warm greetings

Lin said...

Nice purcgases aria and for a good cause too. xx