Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Night with Friends...

Yes I valiantly joined in with this monthly event last night. I had taken some yarn and a crochet hook with me hoping I'd be well enough to join in. So...
The variegated yarn was where I started last night. It wasn't long before I realised that I was quite tired,so the crocheting was packed away and I put the CPAP machine on and fell fast asleep for nearly 9 hours!!! ( yes the night staff let me sleep; no obs in the middle of the night!) 
This morning I did a little more crocheting...
And as you can see that tablecloth in the photo, you know I must be home! I'm resting as told, as well as walking up and down the hallway every hour or so, and doing the physio breathing exercises.
Not doing so well today with this 'instrument of torture'; can only get 2 balls to rise to the top when I inhale, but it might be better tomorrow she says hopefully. 
A bit of TV...recorded episodes of a favourite show of mine.
DH is out at the moment attending a 100th birthday party for lady who was a neighbour of DH's family when the boys were growing up. I look forward to hearing how it all went. I can imagine it will be like a big reunion. 


15 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great effort Maria. Glad you are taking it easy and resting well. Hope your recovery is swift x

Vireya said...

Look after yourself! It's nice to be home, as long as you can continue to take it easy and not have to cook, clean, etc...

Nanette said...

Glad you're home and your recovery is progressing nicely.

Dorothy said...

Good to hear you're on the mend. Take care and enjoy the rest. xox

Kate said...

Maria, take care and enjoy being home.

Maria said...

Nice to have a good sleep. Bet its ice to be home.

Jackie said...

Glad to hear that you are home and on the mend.

God bless.

Lin said...

So pleased you are home and well done you for joining in with FNwF. xx

busybusybeejay said...

look after yourself and don't do too much.

Susan said...

I think we re lucky really to live in an age where an op like that is not nearly as major as it would have been ages ago - and no major scars either. Sounds as if you are progressing very well - and you have to expect to be tired.
Good try for Friday night though.

doodles n daydreams said...

I'm pleased you are home and on the road to recovery. Now you can let people spoil you a little bit.

Diana

angela said...

Be gentle with yourself and rest. Hopefully you Will feel a little better everyday xxxx

Cynthia said...

Wonderful you are home -- and crocheting!

Linda in Calif. said...

How sweet you hubby went to the birthday party. I do hope you continue to recover. Your crocheted piece is lovely - lovely colors.

susie said...

Yay!! There's no place like home!
Xxsusie