Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

I know Easter is well and truly over, but...

I have some photos to share though :-)
Firstly photos that I appropriated from friends' blogs, such as this one from Cheryl's Bliss in the 'Burbs blog, showing the two of us with the Easter Runners that we made each other...
And this one that Maree posted on the Sunday Stitchers' Blog, showing yours truly with the wonderful raffle prize. 
And all those treasures in the case...

For 3 years I have avoided foods which contain sugars but this year I decided that I would have a hot cross bun on Good Friday. But the bun would have to be special...we ended up buying 2 hot cross brioches from the French Twist bakery. My brioche was delicious! 

But maybe one of these would have been better? Or maybe not! Lol


Remember those Easter baskets that I made for my niece's children? Well we delivered them on Good Friday...
On the phone earlier I had suggested to my niece that she may prefer that I hand the goodies over to her and she could distribute them but she said that she wanted me to see the children's faces when they received their baskets...


And so we 'did the hand over' that way...bunny ears were taken out of the cellophane wrapping...


And you have never seen foil wrapped chocolate bunnies 'denuded' so quickly! lol...Maximo wasn't sharing his bunny with anyone! 


The next day my niece sent me some photos of Max and Lucy who had dressed up, and, using their Easter baskets and bunny ears as props performed an Easter Dance, so their mummy could take photos for Aunty Maria...


Don't you just love 'em? Reminded me of another 2 little people. And an Easter quite a while ago...1986 I'm thinking :-). Both enjoying their haul of eggs found on the Easter Egg Hunt around our backyard. 
Those baskets are pretty ordinary though...good job I've 'lifted my game' since then! Lol

3 comments:

Anthea said...

Wonderful runners made & received Maria - the hexy's look so good!

And I'm seeing lots of lovely happy family memories in your pics too...
x

creations.1 said...

Lovely swap gifts given and received. Great 'family memory' post!

Lady of the Manor said...

What wonderful Easter activities and memories!!