Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Some more of Let's Get Stitched...

I wrote about this annual event in my last post but later I realised that I hadn't explained much about it. Let's Get Stitched (LGS) can be described as a craft bloggers retreat, where bloggers (and non bloggers) come from all over Australia (and some from New Zealand too ) for a weekend of friendship, stitching, good food, shopping and lots of laughter. 
Four lovely ladies, Joy, Fee, Dawn and Vicki, organise these annual events. 

We rotate through 4 Australian cities and 2015 was Brisbane's turn. (My home town but I chose to 'live in' for the weekend rather than commute.)


So by late Thursday afternoon, most participants had arrived. Our hotel was in an old historic part of the city...Annerley Road, Woolloongabba. For dinner that night I joined a group of ladies who walked a few metres round the corner from our hotel to the Brewhouse, formerly the Clarence Corner Hotel. 





Mmmm...there was quite an extensive menu to choose from...none of us went hungry! Lol.
My Portuguese Chicken dinner...

After dinner it was time to head back to the hotel where all the ladies would be gathering for the official welcome to the LGS weekend and the traditional exchanging of name badges. Quite a while ago we had all been given the name of the person whose badge we would make. I can now reveal the name on the badge that I made...it was for Joy, one of the organisers of LGS. I had done a bit of investigating and found that Joy likes pinks and greens...


And I discovered that Vicki from Albury had been my swap buddy...and what a lot of thought went into the badge that she made for me...

It features a knitted rectangle with a crocheted border...and then my name was embroidered...I just absolutely adore it and will continue to wear this badge to Knit and Natters. 
After the distribution of the badges, most of us headed to our rooms and we an early start next morning...but most of us were like my 'roomies' (room mates) and I...talked till quite late! :-)

5 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

It was lovely to finally meet you Maria and what fun we've had xxx

doodles n daydreams said...

Oh I love these weekends away with like minded people, whatever the reason. Always fun :)

Diana

Cynthia said...

The handmade make-ahead name badges are such a nice idea.

Nanette said...

The knitted name badge is so "you" Maria, and I really like the one you made as well.

hmm, the "Gabba"....spent a bit of time there in my youth :) I think it's more upmarket now.

Jill Butler Design said...

What a great retreat. Love the name badge idea!