Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Finally finished...

Quite a while ago I wrote a few posts about a hexie project I was working on...a cushion using lots of floral fabrics. The intended recipient is a blogging friend's 90 year old mother. Her milestone birthday was in January...I worked away on the project but just never seemed to make much progress. 'It' would look accusingly at me from where it sat in a heap on my dining room table. But some days I just didn't feel like working on it...and there were lots of those days! Lol
Well I'm pleased to say that the patchwork top is completed and, as of this afternoon, the cushion has been assembled and sewn. This morning I bought some cushion inserts at the Spotlight 30% off sale and the Size 18/46cm was a perfect fit. 

May I present a 'Flurry of Florals and Lace'...
And now I have more time to concentrate on my secret Easter Project...an Easter Runner Swap with the Sunday Stitchers. 

12 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Its lovely Maria. A very special gift.

Maureen Clare said...

Maria that is a perfect gift for an elderly lady and especially special as it is handmade...

Nanette said...

Turned out beautifully Maria, I love the lacey squares. A perfect gift.

doodles n daydreams said...

That is very pretty, I'm sure the lady will appreciate it.

Diana

JeanN said...

Really lovely, I'm sure she will love it.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lovely, well done...

Bette said...

Very pretty! I'm sure your friend's mother will love it.

Anthea said...

What a gorgeous cushion Maria - well done!
I went to Spotlight too, got some new bed sheets

Maria said...

The Cushion is just gorgeous Maria...

Lin said...

So pretty Maria - I love it. xx

angela said...

So very pretty. I'm sure she will love it xx

Sue (this n that) said...

Well done Maria... it's so pretty!