Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2014

FNSI...

Last night was the last Friday Night Sew In for 2014. When I signed up over at Sugar Lane Quilts, I left a comment to the effect that  I was looking forward to some 'slow stitching' after the busy, busy time of sewing gifts. 
Well it turned out to be very slow...after just over an hour, I realised that I needed an early night. Hot, humid days tend to have that effect on me, lol. 
So this is what I did get done last night...

I finished putting together this heart shaped Dresden, but as the photo shows, I still have to choose a fabric for the heart in the centre. (The pattern is on Craftsy and is from Carolyn Hughey of Quilting Up the Creek)
And...
This will be a mug rug for Lucy and Max. It features a pocket where letters to Santa can be left, as well as room on the rug for a few biscuits and a cup/glass of Santa's prefered drink. I cut those 1 1/2 inch squares one at a time out of small scraps...tiring in itself! lol. I still have a lot to do before I hand it over before Christmas Eve.
The next photo is a phone photo of the screen and it's a bit fuzzy but it gives an idea of what the finished mug rug will look like.
This pattern is also on the Craftsy site a Pleasant Home design by Jodi Nelson.
Thank you to Wendy for hosting FNSI and here is the link to check out what other people worked on for FNSI.

12 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Lovin that dresdan heart Maria

Susan said...

That mug run is so cute! Hot & humid weather does that to me too.

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

Ooh I do like that heart shaped Dresden, very striking.
Max and Lucy will be very happy with the mug rug, I am sure they will be regular visitors from now on.

Merry Christmas Maria all the best for the festive season. Have fun with your family.

Bev.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What could be nicer than a Dresden plate....your lovely heart one xx

margaret said...

dresden heart is looking good not thought of using dresdens in Xmas fabric but it looks great. What a lovely idea the santa mat is trust you had a good night`s sleep and woke refreshed

Flickenstichlerin said...

You got a lot done and very pretty things too. Hope you got a good rest.
Merry christmas,
Sylvia

Karen's Korner said...

Love your mug rugs. I may just have to steal that idea for my little granddaughter.

angela said...

Looks lovely. I'm taking it easy now too. Once Christmas is over I'll get back into it again. Go slow and enjoy it xx

Anonymous said...

A really cute mug rug for Santa.
Have a lovely Christmas Maria, take it easy. Best wishes from Jean.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not having embedded comments, or I couldn't leave a message! I love your Dresden heart. Whatever fabric you choose will surely be perfect with all those wonderful Christmas fabrics. The letter/snack mat idea is so cute, too!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Hot and humid weather does that to me too :) The heart is very pretty!! You cut those 1.5" squares one at a time? I thought cutting 2.5" squares are bad enough :)

-Soma

creations.1 said...

What a clever idea the mug rug is. Love the Dresden heart - very different.