Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2014

Mug Rug a swap..

I had planned to share photos of the wonderful recreated rooms of Margaret Olley's house which is part of an exhibition at the Murwillimbah Art Gallery...but all the photos that I've taken over the last few days seem to be irretrievable. There appears to be some sort of 'reader error' and a bit of searching via Google seems to suggest I will have to find a Fuji dealer and hopefully they can help. Both DH and I took a lot of photos using my camera today as well as yesterday so there are a fair few that I hope can be saved. 

Any way here is my Plan B for a blog post; my partner in the recent Quilting Gallery mug rug swap has received my parcel so now I will 'unveil' what I sent to Kristen, who lives in New York State.
We had to make 2 mug rugs and when we signed up we received the patterns...'Cottage on the Hill' and 'Butterfly Cottage'...a mixture of embroidery, appliqué and patchwork.


I added a couple of extras to the parcel...'bits' of Australia....


A storybook for Kristen's son, some Cottage GardenThreads, and one of Nature's Face  cotton printed squares...with rainforest and a wallaby peeping out of the foliage...


I got a lovely message from Kristen after she got my parcel and I believe her little boy loves his book. He will learn so many Australian animal names from this book and it's lots of fun! 
Kristen has posted the mug rugs she has made for me, so pretty soon I will have the pleasure of opening up my parcel from her. The little glimpse of her stitching that I saw on the Facebook page of the swap, I reckon I'm getting some special mug rugs soon :-). 

8 comments:

Sharm said...

What lovely designs, sounds like a lovely swap........those threads are amazing, I might have to try and track some of those down!!

angela said...

They look lovely. I love anything cottagey or with gardens. I'm sure she will be thrilled with them. Xx

Susan said...

What great "extras" you included -especially to think if her son. Interesting fabric too - what find!

Lin said...

Lovely designs Maria - looking forward to seeing the ones you receive. Those cottage garden threads look gorgeous - they are always popping up on blogs from down under and I keep trying to find a UK supplier but no luck yet. xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So very cute love the thread

margaret said...

very nice mug rugs far to nice to risk spilling coffee on. Love those threads too

Vireya said...

My son had "One Woolly Wombat" when he was little. I'm glad it is still around for kids to enjoy today. Such a great gift for a child overseas!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Pretty mug rugs and a lovely package too! You are so sweet to add a book for her son. Love the thatched roof.

-Soma