Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Random 'stuff'...

Firstly thank you for all those lovely messages of support and commiserations about the damage done to my garden by the works next door...
Some photos that I took of DsD3's departure from Brisbane...
You're loaded up a bit there girl...apparently that knapsack on the front was VERY heavy...as was the backpack!
Dad lends a hand...
 Mum supervises...

I took this photo just before the boarding call...Nikki's mum is short like me :-)


 DsD3 took this selfie so that I could be in a photo with her and her parents...

Because I am going away there has been some, at times, rather frantic efforts to finish 2 projects...but all is done now.
A little while ago I posted about a throw that I had made for a raffle prize...well a member of K4BN really wants to win that throw for her 89 year old mother...so I started a duplicate in case she didn't win! It was finally finished and handed over at yesterday's Knit and Natter!



The other item is an Easter Mini Quilt as I signed up for Cheryll's Mini swap. It's finished and will be posted tomorrow...a bit early but much better than taking it to England and posting it back on the due date! lol
I got the idea from this book that I read about on Shez's blog last year...
 But the Easter Bunny penny rug was quite big (24 inches square) so I just appliqued one of the bunnies on the centre of the mini...


Cheryll who has organised this swap sent us all some lovely printed labels that we can put on the back of our minis and a lovely coaster to send with each mini...this is such a lovely idea...


And tonight DH and I had 'bottom of the fridge/veggie crisper' stir fry...just about all the vegetables left in the fridge were chopped up and made into a beef stir fry...anything left will go into a pasta dish tomorrow night! lol
Washing some of the veggies ready for chopping up
It was very hot here today in Brisbane, despite the season being Autumn. It was strange getting out the warm clothes and packing them, but I believe we will certainly need them over the next couple of months.

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love that throw that you made a duplicate of. The colors are just wonderful!

FlowerLady

Dorothy said...

Nice gesture re the throw - I'm sure she'll love it. Getting excited? Not long to go now eh? xox

Lin said...

That throw is absolutely gorgeous! xx

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to see this mini in person and it is gorgeous Maria,well done.xx

Susan said...

What a kind and caring person you are. To make a duplicate of that beautiful throw.
Happy packing :D)

Noela said...

Lovely mini Maria. Have a wonderful trip. Look forward to hearing all about it. Hugs......