Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Our journey begins...

This morning we left Brisbane Airport bound for Hong Kong. We have a 6 hour wait until our connecting flight to Heathrow. What a lovely surprise, HK has free WiFi and it is working really well unlike other free WiFi, I've encountered on travels. 
A selfie taken at Brisbane...not too good at those are we? Lol
Bit more of the International Terminal in Brisbane...

Now a few pics taken during the flight, using the phone camera...
DH found some great 60s music to listen to...

I thought this rather quaint...a cup holder in the back of the tray....

A last look at Australia as we headed north...


Hong Kong Airport from the window of the plane...

Long time readers of this blog know that I sometimes take photos in public restrooms...nothing rude mind you! Here's the sign behind the door of a toilet cubicle in HK airport.

The health and safety of commuters is of concern too...this is a separate sign above the washbasins.


I have some scheduled encore (old) posts that will be published over the next day or so but thought the free WiFi shouldn't go to waste so to speak.
We arrive in London at about 5am, so hopefully we will get a bit of sleep on the plane tonight. 

10 comments:

Dorothy said...

Oh this is going to be exciting. I've never been to the UK so am really looking forward to 'our' holiday with you. Are you using the Blogger app on your mobile device? Have a great trip. xox

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have fun

duchess_declutter said...

Excitement Maria! Have a great time and enjoy all the new technology at your fingertips. cheers Wendy

Janice said...

Will you be heading north of London at all ? If you find yourself anywhere near Hebden Bridge ( half way between Leeds and Manchester) let me know ! Janice x

Cath said...

I don't envy you that long flight Maria as I am still trying to recover from mine but I do wish it was me over there......very greedy of me since I have only just come home. Miss my mum!!

Nanette said...

Gone already Maria!!?? I did read your post about your preparations but thought it was weeks away....ha ha obviously I didn't read carefully enough. It's very exciting to be travelling with you, isn't technology grand. Hope you got some sleep, "see" you in London.

Chris said...

Hi Maria, have a wonderful vacation. It's a very long time since I was last at Heathrow Airport. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Susan said...

I love the idea of the cup holder - so much better than having the full try in the way!
we are going to have a lot of fun reading your posts...

Vireya said...

Up, up and away! How exciting!

Susan said...

I nearly missed this post Maria, beaut to read about all those bits and pieces. So interesting - thank you... now up to your first London post. This is fun :D)