Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Initial Heart Swap...


Once again I have participated in this swap organised by Cheryll. I have had weeks and weeks to get my item made but here it is, last possible day for mailing today, and I've just got everything wrapped, ready to go.
My partner doesn't have many blog posts but I was able to ascertain that she has received mug rugs and pin cushions in former swaps...so I decided on something a bit different. I knew that I had some very cute fabric in my stash...but only about .3 of a metre...so I made a thread catcher from the Red Home book. As the person's initial had to be somewhere in/on the gift, I stitched this on 2 of the hearts...

The little basket was big enough to put in some other surprises...

Remember when I found these cute sewing kit tins at Fantazia?

I thought that one would be perfect for my sewing themed gift... I was also able to buy a smallish box of chocolates which would fit in the thread catcher...


A few weeks ago Fiona from the Shabby Shack had these little wooden spotted hearts as her daily special...so a packet was purchased in readiness for this swap...
All wrapped up now...
Ready to post off...to somewhere in Australia!

8 comments:

Maria said...

Oh Maria that is just such a gorgeous parcel.. Love the thread catcher and lovely thoughtful gifts.....

Anonymous said...

What a lovely parcel Maria,well done.xx

Cath said...

Oh how I wish I was your swap partner!
Cath

Noela said...

Very sweet Maria. I'm sure it will be loved by the person who receives it. Hugs.......

Susan said...

Looks lovely - I'm sure some "C" person will love it.

Sue Niven said...

that is a really lovely gift set, well done, just purfect.

Anthea said...

It's a gorgeous parcel of love Maria - well done - yes I agree that sometimes it's hard when your partner doesn't have many blog posts to give you some ideas about their tastes, but she will love it I'm sure x

Vireya said...

Whoever gets you as a swap partner is obviously very lucky! That's a lovely gift, that shows a lot of thought and care.