Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Sorting through Photos...

A fellow blogger and K4BN member, Jenny, started posting photos(and videos) on Facebook under the heading, '25 Days of Christmas in Pictures', so I joined her in this project and it's been lots of fun. I don't really know what I originally envisaged I would share in this project, but it ended up being a lot of images from the family 'archives'. Here are some of the photos that I chose:-
The photos are in no particular chronological order...


The 'Patsy' and 'Edina' peg Angels that my daughters made one Christmas many years ago...

Some felt decorations purchased in the UK in 2008

A reindeer knitted by a friend last year. He is posing in front of a lovely reindeer mini quilt which Peg made me in the Christmas in July swap this year...

DD1 dressed as an angel for her part in the Sunday School concert many years ago...the costume featured lovely fluffy wings :-)

Some Australiana decorations given to me by a friend a few years ago...( the hot weather caused the candles to bend)

DD2's class performing in the school's Carols' Night. (she is in the front row and is wearing a dress with 3 tiers in the skirt) 

A little boy in my first class ever as a qualified teacher, gave me this doily for Christmas. His gran had crocheted it for me.
 Just a montage of my girls opening presents on Christmas day

 My SiL's Xmas village vs my tiny, very inexpensive one...


DD1 and I wearing 'mother and daughter Xmas outfits'

Another school Carols' night; this time it is DD1's class performing an item. DD1 is next to the tree
So there you have it...some glimpses of Christmases past...and a few more recent.

3 comments:

Vireya said...

I hope you will have a wonderful day tomorrow, and a fantastic 2014!

That purple doily is gorgeous.

duchess_declutter said...

Merry Christmas and a happy Festive Season Maria. some lovely memories there. cheers Wendy

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fanastic photos Maria...a bit of memory lane there.....xx