Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Knitch...

On Tuesday I went to the new K4BN Knit and Natter group at 'Knitch', a yarn shop  in the inner suburb of Paddington. This was only the second meet up for this K&N and I went with fellow member, Helen.
We had a lovely morning in this beautiful shop, alternating between knitting and roaming around the store fondling yarns and admiring sample garments and other display items.
You walk through an area that is like a little courtyard to get to the front door of the shop...

On a table outside the front of the shop was a big basket filled with lovely yarns and a teapot 'dressed' in a cosy that was covered with flowers. 

One of the first things that I noticed about the shop was how spacious it was and how light and airy it was...and naturally there was shelves of beautiful yarns spread throughout the shop...



There were some lovely sample garments and I'm sorry now that I didn't take more photos of these...
This felted garment caught my eye...there are a number of Felting workshops offered at the store...


The classes for Christmas decorations are very popular too...



Anissa, the owner of the shop had been busy decorating the shop for Christmas...

A yarn wrapped reindeer near the front door...


I saw a felted teddy bear hiding on a lower shelf in one of the shelf units...

And both Helen and I fell in love with this gorgeous creature made from African flower crocheted motifs...


This toy rhino is being given by Anissa to a community group which raises funds to help homeless children. He/she will be auctioned to raise funds... I noticed that there had been classes held in the shop to learn to make the rhino of your own...

I spent quite a bit of time fondling examining these balls of yarn. Some were balls made up of a number of different yarns, joined together and wound into balls, some were just one type of yarn such as some variegated 4ply and one ball was 10 ply variegated yarns in soft pastel colours.


Did I mention that Anissa had a 25% off sale on all items???  Well after a lot of oohing and aahing and fondling, I eventually succumbed to the lure of such beautiful yarns and selected 4 balls...but I must hastily add that most are earmarked for gifts to others...I think...
And finally here is a photo of Helen (on the left) with Anissa, the owner...
Anissa is very generous to groups (such as K4BN) who look after the less fortunate and has a beautiful store stocked with some rather lovely yarns including the English Wendy label and Filatura de Crosa for example. The shop fills a niche market with the more expensive yarns from around the world. The range of workshops and classes are very popular as well.
We had a lovely morning and I look forward to many K&Ns there. 

3 comments:

Lin said...

What a treasure trove! and a lovely morning out. xx

Sue Niven said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful day out with us, Simply inspiring. I hope they raise a lot of money, that is a really delightful animal.

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a great shop for a yarn enthusiast…the rhino is so fun, hope they get a lot of bids and they raise a heap of cash for the charity….