Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Swaps... firstly SSCS

I must say first up, that I have been so humbled by the amazing generosity and beautiful creativity of all my swap partners. I have just been 'blown away' by the gifts that these lovely ladies sent me!
So it doesn't get like one of my childhood thank you letters to my Nanna, (where I filled the letter with a list of very present I was given for my birthday/Christmas! ;-/ )  I will post about each swap separately.
So today I will 'showcase' the lovely gifts that I got from Nicky in Chookyblue's Secret Santa Christmas Swap.


The parcels arrived in early December...


Nicky had made me this lovely tree ornament...

 And the other parcels in the postbag were placed under the tree. On Christmas morning I opened them up...firstly the most beautiful Christmas cushion...with such exquisite stitching and embellishments. I loved it as soon as I saw it! The back of the cushion is made with some lovely Xmas fabric which I forgot to take a photo of.


Nicky must have discovered that I 'rather like' hexies :-)...

I love this pattern for a bag which incorporates some hexies and stitching...

And yet another parcel to open...some lovely fabrics!


Thank you so much, Nicky! I love all my gifts from you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous gifts from nicky Maria,what a lovely lot of swap goodies.xx

creations.1 said...

A lovely bundle of swap presents Maria

Paul Forster said...

What a lovely idea to swap Xmas presents. You did well!

Paul Forster said...

What a lovely idea to swap Xmas presents. You did well!

Unknown said...

Well done Maria Lovely gifts
Happy New Year xx

Susan said...

Lovely cushion and a lot of other loveliness!

Noela said...

All beautiful gifts received Maria. Hugs......

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous cushion...Nicky's cross-stitch is so exquisite...

Nicky said...

Maria, I had a lovley time stitching and planning your gifts, thanks for being my SSCS partner....

Chookyblue...... said...

Nicky is a great cross stitcher......I have one of her creations too.......thanks for being part of the SSCS2013.......