Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Getting back into the swing of things...

It's 3 weeks tomorrow since my stay in hospital and in the last week my mojo has really come back and I've been sewing and knitting away...in between those naps of course!
Most of it is secret 'stuff' so just little glimpses for now...

 Some English paper piecing...
Some stitching...

Plastic bags with a few different sized hexagons plus papers to match...

Some triangular shaped pieces of fabric...
 Even more configurations made from sewing elongated hexies together...

Started a secret knitting project using this lovely yarn...it has sequins threaded on the mohair yarn...



Last week I laboriously cast on the 213 stitches for a chevron blanket, and then over 2 days set the pattern without too much pulling out...brain fog was starting to lift by then...

I bought this lovely pattern from Michelle but have realised that this project won't be finished for this Christmas. So I'm incorporating a couple of the stitchery designs into projects I'm making for swaps. And that has been fun.

By the time this scheduled post is published I will be staying in Brunswick Heads while DH plays a 3 day golf competition at 3 different golf courses in that part of NSW. I will be working on all these projects and enjoying the peace and serenity of the Ferry Reserve  Resort Park on the banks of the Brunswick River. Absolute bliss!

5 comments:

angela said...

You have been a busy girl! I can't wait to see what the secret pieces are, but I'm sure I have to wait till after Christmas. Glad your feeling better.

Chookyblue...... said...

busy busy enjoy your time away...........

Dorothy said...

Enjoy your stay in Brunswick. We used to holiday there 6 weeks every year when I was a child. It used to take what seemed like years on the train from Sydney but it was worth it. The place has changed so much since then I probably wouldn't recognise it. xoxox

Lin said...

Lots of intriguing pictures and I love that yarn with the sequins!

Susan said...

Hope you have enjoyed your time away. Lovely mohair yarn.