Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Back in Brunswick Heads...

Last week, DH and I spent 4 nights in Brunswick Heads while DH played in a golf competition. The farther south we drove from Brisbane, the more menacing were the clouds...


Our 'home away from home' was one of the very comfortable Starfish cabins in the Ferry Reserve Park...


I packed a number of craft projects to work on while we were away, but spent much of each day visiting my friend Mary, who was also staying in the park with her DH. Both of the men were playing in the golf comp. I would take my craft projects to their campsite but we would talk more than stitch or knit! lol  Mary would make lunch each day and I would make a platter of cheeses and fruit for our afternoon tea. Pretty nice way to continue my recuperation :-)

DH and I went for a little drive on the first afternoon to purchase some groceries at the shopping village at Ocean Shores.
I saw this collection point for the four legged creatures in the community...
Just near the entry to the supermarket was this container for donations of cat food for a shelter at Mullumbimby. 


 On the way back from the shopping expedition, we explored a few areas...
Just near Ocean Shores we saw a sign for a Lookout. We followed the road and ended up at Devine's Lookout. The Devine family used to run the ferry service across the Brunswick River in the days before the bridge. It was raining at the lookout so no photos but I found some photos at this site. As we were coming down the road from the lookout, I saw this interesting Art Deco house... and I just had to take a photo!


As we were heading back to Ferry Reserve Park we saw a well used track leading off to the left just before the bridge...it was a wildlife reserve...



You can see that there had been rain in this area as evidenced by those puddles.
The weather had been so threatening on the drive down but the 'boys' were able to have 3 full days of golf without rain...it just rained each night. It was so lovely to lie in bed and listen to the rain pattering on the roof...more about our stay in another post :-)

1 comment:

Lin said...

I love that house! A lovely way to recuperate and so glad that the rain came at night.