Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

FNwF...

I didn't link up with Friday Night with Friends this month as I wasn't sure I would actually get to do anything to share. You see DH and I attended a lovely dinner at Wandoan that evening and I wasn't sure when that would finish and of course I wondered if I would feel like sewing/knitting etc after our 6 hour drive there, earlier in the day. (Even though DH does these long drives, I 'keep an eye on things' because most of the time I'm 'driving ' too and watching the road! lol )
Well anyway I did do some FNwF's stitching for a little while until the lighting had me admitting defeat...


No not my lunch...just a few supplies for stitching...
 I did some EPP...I'm old fashioned...I still tack the fabric hexies to the paper...
The central hexagon fabric is actually a 'white spot on white' fabric
  I recently bought these adhesive thimble pads from Fee and on Friday night I used one for the first time...loved it! It worked really well for me.

P.S. on the drive to Wandoan I crocheted several rounds around an afghan that I'm making for K4BN...because it's such a simple project, I can crochet without looking and 'still keep my eyes on the road'... so I probably crocheted for 4 of the 6 hours...and I wondered why my shoulders were sore when we arrived in Wandoan! lol
And another P.S. ...the throw I donated to our parish Art Show sold!! My friend who worked on opening night said I could have sold more...but that would only work if there were another 5 hours in each day so I could have more knitting time! :-)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great news that your throw sold. 6 hours is a long way for dinner -n when I was first reading this I thought you were sewing at home after dinner. Crocheting in the car sounds easy enough (when you are experienced like you) - I can knit when in the car but sewing doesn't work for me.

Nanette said...

I bought some hexie templates when I was in Sydney recently and managed to squeeze in a visit to the Quilt Show. I'd been thinking about epp for a while and a lovely woman from the Sydney Quilting Guild gave me a quick lesson...but she glues her fabric down with a special glue stick that allows you to lift the fabric off again easily. It made it look quick and easy, but felt like cheating to me lol

Loved going on your two trips with you. I love that country out western Qland.

Good news about the throw selling, you can start on next years now.

Anthea said...

Hi Maria, I'm old-fashioned with you, I stitch mine too, but only the fabric, not through the actual shape.
Of course it sold, why wouldn't it?!?! Well Done, it will be well-loved I'm sure x