Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mug rugs for swap finished...

The mug rugs for this swap are on their way to Canada now...woot woot! The site (Quilting Gallery) that I just linked in the previous sentence has lots of delightful designs; well worth a visit.

I got a bit of a shock when I presented the parcel to the post office clerk. I was expecting similar postage rates to sending items to the US...but no, it was quite a bit more than I expected. Postage plus the $1.20 satchel came to just over $30! Just seems a bit steep for such a light parcel :-(


 The binding could have been a bit better...I'm a bit out of practice. But I was pleased with the actual applique designs.


 My partner doesn't have a blog so I wrapped up the mug rugs in paper that was my favourite colour as I hadn't been able to do a bit of 'blogger stalking' to find out 'things'. lol!

6 comments:

creations.1 said...

Your Mug Rugs look fabulous - your swap partner should be very happy. WOW!!!! is all I can say or think about the postage - luckily you aren't sending to Canada all the time!!

Cath said...

Very cute mug rugs and you wrapped them up so pretty! International postage is just ridiculous.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Janice said...

They are lovely...a great idea, and so beautifully done. J.

Maria said...

Your Mug Rugs are gorgeous Maria..
WOW that is expensive for the postage..

Vireya said...

The US and Canada are in the same zone. Your parcel must have been in the 500g to 1kg category, which is $28.90 to either of them. It does seem like a crazy amount, doesn't it?

Your mug rugs are charming, and I'm sure the recipient will love them!

Naturally Carol said...

Sending birthday and Christmas presents has proved very costly for me over the past couple of years. I'm very pleased that Miss B is coming home this year and there'll be no more packages to Canada. Apparently it is just as expensive to send from there to here, but less so from the United States. Your mug rugs are lovely, I'm sure she'll love them.