Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

FNwF...

The lovely Cheryll organises the Friday Night with Friends on the first Friday of the month. Last night I printed off a pattern for a swap that I'm in, where we have 2 mug rugs to make. I had also planned to sort through my scraps stash to find some suitable fabrics. It didn't happen...

Instead, after I had printed off the pattern and then read through it, I decided to wash my collection of Dickens' Toby jugs ready for the photos I needed to take for yesterday's blog post. (Now is that an example of procrastination? )So after those photos were uploaded I wrote Friday's favourites blog post... and then I did some knitting.
It's another one of my 'easy peasy' garter stitch throws and I just have to do a few more centimetres, put on a lovely black fringe and then sew on my label. I only sew on the label if I'm giving a rug away as a gift, or as a raffle prize, or if I'm selling it. This throw was always a 'spare'...something to have on hand if  a 'something'  was needed. Next week the finished item will be posted off to Stockinbingal in New South Wales where it will be a raffle prize to help raise funds for Can Assist. Can Assist is a grass roots, community based charity dedicated solely to supporting country people affected by cancer and their families.  

Head over to Cheryll's blog and check out all, or some of the other 53 participants in last night's FNwF. You'll see some amazing projects!

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Its a great rug. Will surely keep you snug in winter. Great stash buster too.

Tanya Murray said...

You're amazing Maria. These rugs remind me of my grandmother.

Unknown said...

What can I say. An amazing gift from an amazing woman. You never cease to amaze me too. Hugs Sue.

Cath said...

It is a lovely rug Maria. I initially thought it was crocheted. A knitted rug might be something else I should consider tackling. LOL
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Marilyn said...

Is this the one you were working on at Shorncliffe? It is looking beautiful.

Anthea said...

Beautiful knitting Maria, it will be welcomed I'm sure. x

Justjen said...

Beautiful Maria as always!

Paul Forster said...

I'm in awe of your creative flair, Maria!

Valspierssews said...

What an amazing rug. Great finish.