Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Favourite Things Friday...

Once again I'm joining in with Shay over at Quilting in my Pyjamas for Favourite things Friday. Well this week I'm going to post about a behaviour rather than a thing or an item.


In the last 12 months I've been signing up for swaps and then thinking, 'Why on earth did I do that!' lol And I've also discovered that I'm still the 'Queen of Procrastination' just like I was in uni days and also when Unit Plans and Term Overviews  were required at work. I have always handed things in on time but oh goodness me, the dramas caused behind the scenes because of my dithering about starting.


So just recently I signed up for a swap with the Quilting Gallery, which required the payment of $5USD and for that I got patterns for 2 mug rugs and a swap partner. I've had weeks to prepare but I've only started a day ago and because my partner is overseas I have to post a week early...next Monday!!! It took me quite a while to select the fabrics (scraps mind you) for the applique and then I kept putting off all the tracing that had to be done.
So this brings me to a favourite 'behaviour'...because I don't have much time, I HAVE to sit down and sew...no need to feel guilty...I have to get these 2 mug rugs sewn. It's absolute bliss just sitting and stitching. I may even have to put DH on kitchen duty on the weekend so I can keep stitching  I think that's perfectly reasonable given the circumstances! lol
This is the 'top' of mug rug #1



Tonight I'll organise the fabrics for #2. It has more piecing than applique, unlike #1! It has one bird to applique and the bird is beside a fancy birdhouse, 

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Love the mug rug, so cute! I can't wait to see what you make for the second item.

Shay said...

I'm a procrastinator too. I never have anything ready until the last minute so you're in good company and exactly like about 80% of us (Those people who have things ready months in advance are over achievers...just sayin')

Your mug rug is adorable ...your swap partner is going to be utterly thrilled and you still have 48 hours before Monday morning so Im sure you're going to ace it !

Justjen said...

Such cute owls, and I really like the background fabric - Jen.

Justjen said...

Such cute owls, and I really like the background fabric - Jen.

Susan said...

Your owls are lovely Maria.
I too am a procrastinator ... but, oh, the joy, once getting started eh!! lol
Cheers :D)

Kate said...

Cute, cute mug rug. Procrastination is my middle name. Though I'm trying really hard to learn from past last minute dramas. Hope you've gotten both mug rugs done and ready to mail.