Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Enjoying some crafting time...

I mentioned in a recent post that I was working away at a few projects. Unfortunately this has tended to mean, that in various locations in the house, there are little 'piles' here and there. I have had one finish...
The knee rug that I was working on for FNwF has now been completed. I used 24 of the donated white rectangles that were similar sized, added three rows of crocheted squares, using the same variegated yarn that I joined the rectangles with. Then I crocheted a number of rows around the edge using a lovely soft yarn in royal blue. So this will go to Knitting for Brisbane's Needy ready for distribution. I still have a number of the white rectangles left to join up into something useful, but I'm going to have to come up with a nifty way of making them all fit together, (and not look boring!!) lol


 Another project that I've been working on, involves cut out felt letters. I'm using the pure wool felt pieces that I bought from Winterwood last year. Winterwood is a family company based in Victoria (Australia) It is absolutely gorgeous felt to work with. I'm 'making do' with the 'Christmas colours' pack that I had; luckily there are a lot of colours in the pack, not just red,green and yellow! lol



I'm making a surprise for my great niece's birthday this week. Lucy will be 3! You can probably guess what I'm making when you see what I've been stitching:-) Hopefully a gift that can be used for years.

I'm working on the 'long word' to night and hopefully will sew it all together tomorrow...and then post it off on Tuesday. We're having a family get together to celebrate miss Lucy's birthday next weekend, but as her birthday is actually St Valentine's Day, I want her to have this gift before that so they can use it. More photos when it's finished!


Another on-going project has been making squares for a 'Raggy Quilt'. The basket is filling up with novelty fabrics' squares and quite a few of the squares have been stitched. It won't be long now until I will have enough to make a child's sized quilt.






I'm also working on a knitting project at the moment but have only done the ribbing, as stitching seems to be taking precedence at the moment. 

4 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Maria, I really like the result of using those white knitted squares. The crochet has really added pizzaz to the project and it is beautiful!

kaiteM said...

Hah ha, your house sounds like ours, little project piles dotted around. Love your projects and that felt is gorgeous. Your first pic with the blue and white rug is stunning, such a lovely idea.

Becky said...

Well you've been busy! Love all your projects. I'm trying to catch up with everyone... everyone has been so busy.

Paul Forster said...

You sure keep yourself busy, Maria! Some wonderful projects and you sure have a talent for it!