Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Surprises in the post...

What was surprising about the first item was that it arrived from Germany in less than a fortnight and postage was a whole Euros2.95. I had seen an interesting paper piecing design on another blog. It was like no other I had ever seen so I left a comment on the blog. And within a few hours I had a reply saying it was out of a German book and Vireya also sent me the link that she had used to purchase it. Well to make a long story short, despite having lots of patterns, I bought the book!

So a post bag all the way from Germany...



Inside all nicely wrapped up in tissue...




Some postcards and business sized cards were included; showing lovely projects!

This is the book...

Now the reason why the projects looked like nothing I had really seen before is that Funfeck (sorry can't remember how to get an umlaut on an Aussie keyboard) is the German word for Pentagon. I think that Hilde's pentagon is just slightly different to my old metal template bought in the 1970s but there is one in the book that I can trace off. So I have plans to have some fun with this book. The diagrams are excellent which is just as well because the German I studied for 5 years at high school is useless for reading this book! lol 

Just in case you are interested...
Here is the website for the the authors of the book and here is Vireya's post showing her project from the book. (Vireya's photo is second last in this post)

The other surprise in the mail was from Cheryll...

Some lovely labels. I was lucky enough to win Cheryll's birthday giveaway and these are a replacement for the labels I got in that. Thank you Cheryll these are very impressive and will be a pleasure to use. 

Talking of Cheryll, it's time for Friday Night with Friends so I'd best be off and get stitchin'. lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your win Maria and your new book looks fantastic,enjoy your night of sewing.xx

Maria said...

Your book was delivered quicker than sending something over to you from here...
Nice little win too.

Alessandra said...

Dear Maria, thank you very much for stopping by over my blog and for your sweet comment. I wish you a Happy new year!!!
Hugs from Italy.
Alessandra