Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A little bit of Sunshine Coast...

This morning at 9 am DH and I headed off on the drive north to the Sunshine Coast. In an hour and a half we had reached my niece's house at Pacific Paradise. My niece's husband had to leave for work not long after we arrived but for once we hadn't missed him altogether. My niece has a darling little daughter who will be 3 next year in February and a new baby expected in December..all very exciting! DH and I took my niece and her little Lucy out for lunch today. We went to a cafe recommended by J, my niece. It is 'Harvest Breads' at Cottontree, and it served wonderful food.




Heading towards Cotton Tree


The Maroochy River


Two of my darlings...

Hmmm...what's the best way to tackle this....




After lunch 'the girls' went home for the 'big girl' to have a rest. DH and I checked into our apartment at Alexandra Headlands, which I have given an A+ rating...very nice!



Look how big the shower recess is! lol

One view from the balcony; Point Cartwright in the distance

Using the telephoto looking towards Point Cartwright



Another view from the balcony...

 

5 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Just found your blog and thought I would say hello Love the bag you made for Shez

Anonymous said...

lovely pics maria,glad you are having a good time.xx

Dorothy said...

I could quite happily live in a place like that !!! Your niece's little girl is such a sweetie - guess she worked out how to tackle the ice cream. Your pics are very nice - what kind of camera do you use? Looking forward to your next 'adventure'. xoxox

Naturally Carol said...

You're having fun this spring with all your travels! It sounds like you had a lovely time with Lucy and her mum too.

Becky said...

OH Maria! What a beautiful place to stay... can hardly wait to see your "Beachy" walks!