Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

When life is simpler, some things mean so much more...

Last Saturday I spent a small amount of money and didn't I get a lot of pleasure from my purchases?
First of all I went to the craft markets near my home. It was just a quick trip as DH and I would be travelling to the city just after 9 o'clock. 
I paid for and collected my earrings that my friend Erica had made ...

This photo shows the earrings more clearly...



I bought this cover throw from another stallholder. It just shouted 'Spring' to me and it will be part of a parcel I'm making up for a Seasons' Swap I signed up for. (As well as making items, the conditions of the swap also allow you to buy items)
Lovely 'spring like' fabric border around the net
Then later in town, DH and I wandered around the 'Myer Centre' in the Queen St Mall. I thought that I would pop into Lincraft there.(Lincraft is like a Michael's  or JoAnnes in the US) I was so pleased that I went in to the store. I found a plentiful supply of a 'prints' style yarn that I've been trying to buy without success! It's in the 3 indigenous colours, red, black and golden yellow. Already I've used one ball making the indigenous squares; an ongoing project at K4BN.





But that's not all...there were 2 remnant bins and I rummaged through both and found...some polar fleece and ribbing to make more dog coats....


polar fleece and ribbing for more dog coats


And I also found a large piece of cotton T-shirt fabric that I could pass on to a group of ladies who sew children's clothes for K4BN.

This fabric will be used to make some outfits for children of needy families
And best of all, all fabrics were 50% off the marked price and that included remnants! 

All in all, a great day's shopping :-)

7 comments:

angela said...

great bargans, I love the earings.

twinpeakprimitives said...

Lovely stuff, great founds and a great bargaining!

Earrings are just lovely!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Dorothy said...

Very good shopping day all round !! Those earrings are gorgeous. xox

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Maria, lovely finds! Aren't we just so ready for spring this year? I am anyway!

kaiteM said...

What a successful day's shopping. How good to find that yellow, black, red yarn, it's not easy to find.

Becky said...

LOVE the yarn and what luck to find such good buys on the fabrics.

duchess_declutter said...

Great buying - its wonderful to find a bargain! Lovely earrings too. cheers Wendy