Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

The art show...

At last it was opening night at our parish art and craft show. The Premier opened the show on the dot of 8pm. In his speech Mr Newman urged all assembled to spend up just as he and Lisa (Mrs Newman) planned to do before they left for the evening. DH took him at his word and bought a painting... just a smallish one...


The Premier with the organisers, Margaret and Greg

The painting that DH bought; a scene of the bike path through Downey Park at Newmarket
It was a lovely evening catching up with friends and walking around looking at the wonderful lot of paintings entered this year as well as checking out all the craft items. I loved a large painting of some orange nasturtiums but it was just beyond my budget! lol



The jazz band that entertained us; they were great!

One section of the hall with the paintings

The crafts were displayed in the church



Bishop Jonathan chatting with some of the guests


The bar 

Early in the evening I got the news that my throw had sold. One of my friends had bought it for her sister's 60th birthday; the party is next weekend and Lesley loves the autumn colours. So my friend was thrilled to find something special for her sister and I was so pleased because the sale helps with those community projects as well as the orphanage in Harare.

DH with our friend Patricia who bought my throw for her sister

4 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like a lovely time was had by all and I'm glad your throw was sold to someone that loved it and will give it to a loved one.

Susan said...

What a pleasant evening. I agree with Becky about your throw's new owner.
Hope you were able to take a photo of the nasturtium paining you liked Maria :D)

Naturally Carol said...

It is great that you are all raising money for such a great cause. Have a great week Maria!

kaiteM said...

Sounds as tho you all had a successful art show. But what i want to know is "did the Premier spend up big?" chuckle!! I'm so pleased that your throw went to a happy home and i have to say that i love your new header.