Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

In the last month DH and I have been fortunate enough to see three shows put on by 2 of the smaller theatre groups here in Brisbane. The ticket prices of such groups are so reasonable compared to that charged for the 'bigger' productions and the outcome is still very good theatre and an enjoyable afternoon or evening, also representing good value for money.
 Firstly we saw 'Grease' and I just loved all those songs and the fashions! Last weekend we went to see 'My Fair Lady' and again hearing all those beautiful songs and music was wonderful. The lead actors did such a good job too and their enthusiasm was infectious! Last night we went to a production of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' and it was magnificent!!! DH has seen a number of productions of this show dating back to the 1970s and he was impressed with last night's performance. Our next theatre outing is next month and it will be one of those 'bigger productions' I mentioned before. 'Dr Zhivago' is coming to Brisbane and DH's lovely daughters gave him the money for our tickets (and then some!) for his birthday! So as I said, we're very fortunate!
Despite having the house on the market, last week I dug over my vegie garden beds, put dolomite, compost and manure in them and then 'forked' it all through. It was a bit of hard work, but well worth the effort as next week I'll take advantage of our milder winters and the lack of pests during colder weather, to put some seedlings in. A bit of a bonus though...I thought that I had dug up all our sweet potatoes (kumaras) but I found these beauties when I dug over the bed!





The marigolds are flowering well. These were originally planted to try to control a nematode infestation which killed a lot of plants in this bed. The marigolds obviously love this spot! 

Knitting update...I didn't get much knitting done this weekend but the length of the throw is now 69cm. Even though I went to a 'Knit and Natter' group at a local wool shop, I worked on another rug there which will be for the Knitting for Brisbane's Needy (K4BN) group.

No comments: