Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

The rain eased today but is predicted to be back for the next few days. DH and I did some tidying up and vacuuming today in readiness for the family dinner tomorrow night. One daughter has moved out so naturally my boxes of 'school stuff' went into that room. I tidied up the veranda and started putting some decorations in the lounge room, veranda and family room.
I had promised myself that I would make some mini Christmas puddings out of some dark fruit cake. Last night I crumbled the cake and poured some brandy over it. Then rolled it into balls. Left them in the fridge overnight, then today put spoonfuls of melted white chocolate on the top of each one and put cut up green and red glace cherries on top to represent a sprig of holly. The results are pictures below.

Early in the afternoon we took another daughter and her partner to the airport. They are spending Christmas in New Zealand with Karl's family. Naturally, being so close to the Airport DFO, we went there to have a look at the outlet shops. I bought some gifts, DH bought a pair of running shoes and a DVD (hard drive)player/recorder. When we got home he spent ages trying to get it to work. He came to the conclusion that he needed a particular cable so after dinner tonight we went to the local shops and while I bought groceries, he bought this cable and a mobile broadband 'thing' to use with my elderly laptop. (which he is using for this contract that he's currently working on) I think everything is working fine now as I can't hear any complaints from the next room! lol
I've a few more things I want to do tonight in readiness for tomorrow night. Then hopefully a good night's sleep and up early to get everything ready. I'll relax about half past midnight tomorrow night as I volunteered to serve at our church's 11.30 pm service tomorrow night. It's always a beautiful service but I'm usually very tired...

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Maria, thanks for your comments on my blog. If you put a check mark in front of show my email and scroll down and SAVEE (Edit Profile on Dashboard page) then we can email you back in reply to your comment. We're supposed to be warm enough for rain later this week. that will feel so good......